Updates and Information National Updates
• FAQ on telehealth and HIPAA from the US Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/telehealth-faqs-508.pdf
• Here is a list of COVID-19 resources for all 50 states: https://www.policymed.com/2020/03/u-s-state-health-department-covid-19-resources-for-patients-and-healthcare-providers.html
• The CDC has added six new warning signs of COVID-19. The new symptoms are: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
• COVID-19 may be causing sudden strokes in adults under 50. Doctors recommend calling for an ambulance if you experience stroke symptoms as the condition could be related.
• According to the CDC, face coverings or masks should not be used on young children under 2 years old or anyone who has trouble breathing.
• Recent guidelines from the White House on reopening the country include 3 phases, starting with a 14-day period of reduced flu-like illnesses, COVID-19 cases, and hospital overcrowding.
• Medical experts suggest that patients in need of prescription medication stock up with at least a 30-day supply on hand during shelter-in-place, or in case of self-isolation.